Monday, January 14, 2013

'tis the season

Do you take a seasonal approach to learning?

When I was in the "brick and mortar" class room (I now teach virtually for an online school), I really loved doing lessons that tied in with the season and holidays. Now, in my online classroom, I create a contest every month that is tied to a season or cultural event. Depending on the activity, students seem to take it or leave it. Do they love the holiday or the lesson?

Seasonal lessons are currently our best sellers on TpT. Tonya's top seller is her Turkey Glyph and my best seller is my Chinese New Year Glyph.
Tonya was my mentor during my first year and when I first began with TpT, she encouraged me to share my seasonal lesson plans. Just one of the many things I love about Tonya - that she scares her wonderful teaching secrets! I've been seeing threads on the forums that some people love this, and some people don't. What are your thoughts? Do you have a seasonal best seller? Tell us about it!

Lindsay of the 241 teachers

No comments:

Post a Comment